Wednesday, August 27, 2008

R.I.P Mr. Richard Lai

Mr. Richard has passed away.

He was admitted into SJMC few days ago because of some kind of viral infection and apparently went into coma. According to Mr. William (who is Mr. Richard's good friend) he had a lung infection. He told us in today's class to go visit him after class as he was in a critical condition and has already been warded in ICU. Just before class ends, Mr. William went to his office to get something and went he came back to the class, he announced this very sad news. That time was around 11.50am. All of us were shocked as we planned to go visit him in the hospital.

It is really sad indeed as he was a really good teacher. He taught me last semester but did not take his subject this semester as it clashes with my other subjects. Still it was enough to make me feel sad to lose a teacher like him. Things like this.. can't predict it happening. At least not to Mr. Richard. My friends that went for his class last friday all said that he was in a really good condition. Speaking as loud as ever and making up jokes and everything and the next thing you know.. he's gone. It's hard enough for us to accept it so I can't imagine how his family would feel.

One thing that surprises me is this. When Mr. William said that Mr. Richard had a viral infection, he also mentioned that even the doctors don't even know what virus it is. What? Then why are you a doctor for when you don't know what virus it is? Anyway, I don't really blame the doctors for this. Obviously its the goverment's fault. Instead of trying of getting Anwar charged with sodomy or trying to earn more coffee money, why don't they spend more of their money and time with trying to find new cures for viruses? What's the point of setting up a Malaysian Medical Resources when they are not doing their job? I'm not ranting just because one person died of this virus but what if next time are more similar cases? What are the government going to do? Sit there and watch people die? They should stop following American culture and their way of handling the government.

This the 3rd death of a person that I know. First was my primary and high school friend, Nicholas Manuel and the second was my dear aunt. Now my lecturer. What's next? Chun Yong was joking saying that he suspect our land lord has passed away. Me and Hillary LOL'd. Then he went on to say maybe his whole family died. Dude, don't simply curse. Later if that really happen then you 6 7 ! LOL

1 comments:

[-FrOzEnStAr-] said...

hey... maybe this month has bad vibe... my cousin passed away too last sat...